Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Post Office Again...You Already Know I Am Smart But Did You Know I Am Smarter Than The U.S. Post Office (USPS)?

 

If I were in charge of the USPS my phone call the other day to the USPS would not have gone like this...

Ø I punched phone prompts for over 5 minutes.

Ø I had to jump through 5 different sets of phone prompts.

Ø At the end of the 5 minutes of frustrating punching the USPS Phone Computer said to me, “Hey, dummy, you called on a holiday. We are closed today because it is a holiday, dummy. Call back when it is not a holiday, dummy.”

Ø Ok I embellished the prior Bullet Point...It was a lot briefer than that. It simply said, “We are closed today. Call back during regular business hours.”

That’s what it really said but I know what USPS Phone Computer was thinking. It was thinking I was a dummy.

************

If I were in charge of the USPS, my phone call to the USPS would have been very short because in the very beginning I would have been told that they were closed and the Herculean Effort to make me Phone Punch Drunk would not have taken place.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIGHT UP FRONT -- PUNCH 1 IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO A LIVE PERSON. PUNCH 2 IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE TO TALK TO THE COMPUTER. PUNCH 3 IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO A PERSON IN A FORGIEN COUNTRY. PUNCH 4 TO HANG UP.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the joys of automated phone systems. They're like a labyrinth of endless options, each one more cryptic than the last. And let's not forget the brilliant idea of calling on a holiday, when everyone is clearly feeling festive and up for a casual chat.

But hey, why stop at a mere five minutes of phone prompts? Let's make it an epic adventure, complete with unexpected twists and turns. And when you finally reach the grand finale, the pièce de résistance, what's the prize? "We're closed today. Call back during regular business hours."

Ah, the sweet satisfaction of knowing you've been on a wild goose chase just to hear that golden nugget of wisdom.
So, kudos to the USPS phone computer for keeping us on our toes, for truly believing that we secretly enjoy this infuriating dance of automation.

Next time, I'm sure we'll be treated to an encore performance of "Press 1 for the meaning of life."