Wednesday, April 13, 2022

It Was So Sad but At Least She Died Peacefully

I could have saved her if she had only listened to me. I had nourishment that could have kept her alive but she refused to eat what I had to offer. I watched her starve to death.😞

Fighting back tears I begged her to eat but she smiled telling me not to take her death so hard. She said, “I have no choice. I’m not a Jack. I’m a Jill.”

I begged her to reconsider. I found myself shouting as she passed on, “It’s perfectly good and nourishing food. Americans have been eating it since 1896! Please take a handful!”

I don’t know if I will ever stop hearing her sweet voice saying her last words, “I’m a Jill”.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

Lagniappe: My fellow Americans, notice they are rewriting history! It actually says on the bag, “The Original”.


2 comments:

Alessandro Rosolino Ortolano said...

Ha!! Next thing you'll tell me is that Mr. Butterworth is a flavorful syrup :-)

SmartFella? said...

It looks like Cracker Jack has joined the World of Confusion along with the Former Mr. Potato Head...

"New York (CNN Business) Hasbro is dropping the honorific "mister" from the "Mr. Potato Head" brand, renaming the shapeshifting plastic spud to the gender-neutral "Potato Head."

It's a notable change from one of the world's largest toy makers to untether one of its most famous products from a binary gender identity — something that was far less controversial in 1952, when Hasbro introduced the decidedly male and playfully anthropomorphic tuber.

"Hasbro is making sure all feel welcome in the Potato Head world by officially dropping the Mr. from the Mr. Potato Head brand name and logo to promote gender equality and inclusion," the company said. The rebranded toy launches this fall."

Did ya catch the use of "honorific"?