Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Rain Man (Dustin Hoffman) Said He Was An Excellent Driver & I Say I Have What It Takes To Be An Excellent Bureaucrat

My Concealed Carry Permit was due to expire on December 2, 2020. I applied for renewal on October 12, 2020. I thought that would be more than enough time to get it renewed by my Expiration Deadline, however, I thought wrong again.

On December 9, 2020 I called the Probate Court to ask the status of my Renewal Request. I got an answer but the circumstances surrounding that answer left me thinking that my Renewal Request had been put into a Bureaucratic Pile of Miscellaneous Stuff and that Pile had then fallen off a Bureaucratic Cliff into a Bureaucratic Black Hole.

I will now lay out the circumstances surrounding that answer which lead me to doubt that I would ever see the day when my Renewed Concealed Carry Permit would find its way into my wallet…

  • I gave the details of my request to my Assigned Bureaucrat and got my Bureaucratic Answer immediately…
    >I was not put on hold so that my Bureaucrat could look up my Concealed Carry Permit Application.
    >I did not hear clicking of my Bureaucrat’s Computer Keyboard as she looked up my Concealed Carry Permit Application.
    >I did not hear my Bureaucrat shout, "Hey, Josephine have you seen Fella’s Concealed Carry Permit Application?"
  • None of the above happened but I did hear sounds coming over my phone…
    >I heard the unmistakable sound of a Swizzle Stick stirring a Fruity Caribbean Alcoholic Beverage.
    >I also heard the unmistakable sound of that Swizzle Stick bumping up against a Small Cocktail Umbrella inside a Fruity Caribbean Alcoholic Beverage.
    >I heard the unmistakable sound of a Government Issued La-Z-Boy Chair being reclined into the Ignore this Minion’s Problem It’s My Afternoon Nap Time Position.

I forgot to tell you what my Bureaucrat’s Bureaucratic Answer was. It was, “Wait a Week.

************

That’s when I knew I had all the qualifications needed to be an Excellent Bureaucrat…

  • I can not bother to look up Concealed Carry Permit Applications.
  • I can not bother to click my computer’s keyboard to try and find minions’ Concealed Carry Permit Applications.
  • Josephine retired last week.
  • I can Swizzle a Fruity Caribbean Alcoholic Beverage with or without an Umbrella in it.
  • I am very good at taking naps in a La-Z-Boy.
  • I certainly can tell Faceless Minion Callers to Wait a Week!

************

Since this is the Bottom of this Bit of Foolishness I will give you The Bottom Line…

My Concealed Carry Permit Arrived 7 Days After I Was Told To Wait a Week!

I know I can handle the job because being a Bureaucrat Is Easy!

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Mike McMain said...

They were simply concealing the facts relating to the status of your Concealed Carry Permit from you. The foundational objectives of an effective bureaucracy are to conceal, confuse and confound.

All three have been accomplished prior to the arrival of your Concealed Carry
Permit.