Saturday, June 08, 2019

President Kennedy Was Not Too Smart-Part 2

As I was writing the prior Blog Posting, President Kennedy Was Not Too Smart, I already knew that there was going to be a Part 2 but this is not it.
Part 2 is actually now going to be Part 3 because of the comment Herr Ludwig made about Part 1 before he knew there was going to be a Part 2. Herr Ludwig commented his comment and his commentary made this Blog Posting (Part 2) necessary and the original Part 2 will now become Part 3 in a couple of days.
I’m sorry if the above paragraph confused you. Actually, I’m not sorry. I just love trying to confuse you.
***************
In his comment, Herr Ludwig said, “Little did he know the huge cost of the project”. He is right. President Kennedy probably did not know how much the mission was going to cost before it was over. He was learning the cost as the project rolled along and, of course, kept growing for many years after he was killed.
I am here to tell all of you that Fella, thanks to hindsight and the Smithsonian Institute/Magazine, knows how much it ended up costing. You are about to know because I am going to tell you.
I warn you ahead of time that you ought to read the cost figures slowly to let them sink in and many of you will go back and read what you just read again because these are Really Big Numbers!
Ø Three times as many people worked on Apollo as on the Manhattan Project to create the Atomic Bomb. 
Ø In 1961, the year Kennedy formally announced Apollo, NASA spent $1 million on Apollo for the year
Ø Five years later NASA was spending about $1 million every three hours on Apollo, 24 hours a day
I’ll read it again for you…
Ø $1 million every three hours!
Ø 24 hours a day!
Some NBA Basketball Players do not make that much!
Would I kid u?
Smartfella


No comments: