Saturday, February 21, 2015

After You Die, You May Not Be Dead

Did the above catchy title catch your attention because it confused you? I didn't really mean to confuse you...Or did I?

The World Of Nutrition has been telling us that many of the things that were bad for our health for the last 40 years have turned out to be not bad for us after all. It now becoming apparent that many of these bad things are actually needed in a Healthy Diet (formerly known as an Unhealthy Diet).

In other words, those of us who died from eating things in the Unhealthy Diet just might not have died after all because the Unhealthy Diet Foods were actually good for us, therefore, they were probably still alive after they died.

If it were not for me, the above paragraph would be confusing but that's why I have just explained it all in such clear language. That's why I'm called ClearAsMudFella.

------------------------

Some supporting documentation to prove that this bit of Foolishness is based on fact...

Cholesterol May Not Be As Bad As We Once Thought:

http://news.yahoo.com/eat-fat-lose-weight-041634455.html (click & read as much as you can stand).

The U.S. Is About To Drop Its Decades-Old Warning Against Cholesterol:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/11/8018253/us-dietary-guidelines-drop-cholesterol-warning (click & read as much as you can stand).

------------------------

Self-proclaimed Food Babe Vani Hari said in The Atlantic (click & read as much as you can stand)... “There is just no acceptable level of any chemical to ingest, ever.”

Commenting on her comment a MattS wrote... "Since all foods, even 100% natural foods are completely made up of chemicals, what does Ms Vani Hari eat, unicorn farts?"

------------------------

On a personal note... A few months back my doctor put this Fella on Lipitor to reduce his cholesterol. The drop in my cholesterol levels has been so dramatic that it has become apparent that, after I die, they are going to have to take my cholesterol out of me & beat it to death with a stick.

If what I read in above link about cholesterol (2nd link) is true, higher levels of cholesterol are good for me. That formerly dangerous cholesterol may have been all that was keeping me alive & blogging. Now that my high cholesterol is gone, my Blog Sharp Mind may fade away. It may actually have started with this posting.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

(396)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, just remember what the Dietary Commission just announced: We should NOT eat red meat because it might increase our cholesterol, but because it HARMS the environment. They are not concerned about a balanced healthy diet, they just don't want to harm the environment by raising cattle that release lots of methane gas into the atmosphere.....have we gone crazy or what????

Anonymous said...

I got a headache.