Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Secret Of How To Stay Married For 50 Years

My wife and I have been married to each other for 50 years, so I speak from experience.

I realized the secret of staying happily married for such a long time when my wife and I were enjoying our first dinner on the recent trip we took to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.

During the dinner she said to me...

"I don't want any of the salami. You can eat it all. I like the cheese, jams and the raisin beard."

Sure there are a few other secrets but this is certainly one of the big ones.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

(113)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 50TH to you all.

Anonymous said...

Pray tell, what does your wife have against salami?

SmartFella? said...

It's a secret.

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th Anniversary - glad you made it to 50.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog -- I have another 'secret' worth mentioning --

Being willing to knit a sweater (your wife knitted it for you before the wedding) and your being willing to keep it and proud to wear it so many years later (about 48 years).

I remembered that more from our Italian dinner night than the food we ate.

Thank you both for being our friends.

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations on 50 years of marital bliss..all due to the fact that your wife lets you have all the salami.....what a gal!!!
Kinda reminds me of Jack Spratt who could eat no fat and his wife who could eat no lean, but together they.....well you know....