Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We Put Another Skateboard on Mars. Was That Really Necessary?

I read where it costs 2.5 Billion Dollars (that’s Two and a Half Thousand Million Dollars) to put our latest Rover on Mars.

After it landed, it took pictures and sent those pictures back to Pasadena, CA.

Our scientists looked at the pictures and some were quoted as saying, “Looks a lot like Arizona”.

I don’t mean to be picky but I do mean to be Foolish. My silly mind says to itself, "Itself, if they wanted to see what Arizona looked like, they could have bought a Winnebago, driven it over to Arizona, parked it out in the desert, opened up the windows and taken all the pictures they wanted for a lot less than Two and a Half Thousand Million Dollars".

Many times in the past, I have been accused of not seeing the big picture. This just might be one of those times.

Would I kid u?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But now, when they look out of their Winnebago window and view the dessert landscape in Arizona they can say; "It looks a lot like Mars"... money well spent!

Anonymous said...

I am Anonymous from the prior comment...My comment was straight out of the SmartFella playbook don't you think. I mean after all the years of reading your foolishness some of it must have rubbed off on me.