Friday, September 07, 2018

What Am I doing In This Store?

A short while back my wife & I enjoyed a Half Family Saturday Breakfast (2 of our 4 children were there).

 

After breakfast my wife and a daughter tricked me into accompanying them to the Shoe Store across the street. Why is it that there is always a Shoe Store across the street from wherever my wife is?

 

I handled the boredom fairly well. I ended up taking a bunch of pictures of shoes. I have deleted all but 2 pictures (see below)...

Ø I found that Mrs. Spartacus shops in that store...
clip_image002

Ø I also found that Silly People shop at this store with Mrs. Spartacus.
>I often notice and then wonder about the condition of people’s blue jeans.
> When I was a child and I wore a hole in my jeans, either my Mother would install an Iron-On Jean Patch or, when I was really lucky, I would be allowed to spend $2.47 to get a brand new pair of jeans!
>Today people spend hundreds of dollars to buy jeans with pre-installed holes and then they take them home and install more holes. (Yea, I know the word “install” seems misplaced here.)
>This young lady used Paul Bunyon’s Sissors to install her holes...
clip_image004

No need to attach a comment to this posting telling me I don’t have to notice everything. I know that is true but it is really hard for me to do that when I live in a world that contains so many things that cry out to be noticed.

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

 

6 comments:

Bobby Tony said...

I notice that most of the manufactured holes these days are in places where their is normally no wear surface. Most real wear holes appear on the knee and a$$. I notice you did not post a picture of the lady walking away. I can only assume that the Nuns may have warned you about sin of prurient interest.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Fella..... made me laugh out loud!!! I will show it to my wife ..... she LOVES shoes ( drives me crazy.) Last August during Hurricane Harvey, I had staged some essential items such as food, water, medicine, and was ready to move them upstairs if necessary. When the flood water started coming in, I said to her, "Lets grab the essentials and start moving them upstairs".... she immediately ran to her closet and started grabbing her shoes and started up the stairs with them.... I told her that was NOT the kind of essentials I had in mind.... SERIOUSLY!!!!! She loves her shoes.

Anonymous said...

Good to know that I'm not the only one to get tricked into shopping with wife and daughter. In past visits to New Orleans when my wife and daughter went shopping, I would go visit mom or my brother but both are gone, so now I tag along with them shopping. When they go into the fitting room to try on clothes, I'm left with nothing to do but stand around. While standing around, I can't help but notice the difference between men and women shoppers.

Men shoppers will go through the racks, pick out one item, he trys it on and if it fits he buys it.

Women shoppers will go through the racks, pick out 10 items, trys them all on and buys none of them.

Men's clothing comes in only three sizes; small, medium and large.

Women's clothing comes in too many sizes; petite, misses, junior, women and plus (this is the size for heavy women but they don't want the name to sound too offensive).

Anonymous said...

Ha! That’s funny

Bob said...

Hey Smartfella, what is that gang sign the person with the manufactured holes is flashing?

Anonymous said...

The woman with the hole n her jeans is Stormy Daniels, right? Right?