Friday, June 09, 2023

In The Army I Was Told Never To Volunteer but a Society Without Volunteers Would Be Catastrophic

Mankind should always seek out knowledge. Much of the important stuff we know about important stuff we would not know about if it were not for volunteers.

I could go on and on about the amount of Volunteer Gained Knowledge we have benefitted from but I won’t. My Dear Readers, I know you. I know if I give you too much information you will turn me off and seek out other forms of entertainment like Football or CSPAN or Police Chases using your well-worn phone app Police Chases r Us.

I will get right to the meat of this Blog Posting and lay out for you one of the most significant bits of Knowledge we have gained as a result of the Dedication of a Volunteer Who Volunteered...

The Wood Frog Can Hold Its Pee For Up To Eight Months

We might never have known this Important Frog Knowledge if it were not for Peter Fernirk a volunteer who volunteered to be a Frog Watcher Volunteer. Not only did he step up when he saw the need to step up but his stepping up was very time consuming and very uncomfortable. For 8 months his entire existence was watching a frog to see the outcome of its pee...

For 8 Months...

Ø He watched that frog 24 hours a day.

Ø He himself did not go to the bathroom.

Ø He watched that frog’s butt so intently that his eyes became fixed in place and he was unable to get them back out of place at the end of his watching.

Ø A Swat Team had to be called in to hit him in the back of his head with a croquet mallet to get his eyes moving again.

My Dear Readers, I just saw one of you Paying No Never Mind to the above Foolishness. Well I never! I’ll remember this affront to my Foolishness and I promise you when next you give me some Untrue, Made Up and Useless Bit of Waste of Time I’m going to pay you No Never Mind Right Back At You!

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, you're working so hard you're about to burn out. AI can assist laboratory observations by using cameras for tasks like object recognition, anomaly detection, measurement, tracking, and quality control. This automation saves researchers time and enables them to focus on more engaging aspects of their work. Let AI do some of the grunt work so you can focus on the fun stuff. Like going to the bathroom. Yours truly, Mr. Helpful

Anonymous said...

So now we have Smart Fella, the Noticer, Mr. Helpful and Me (B.B.) Thanks Mr. Helpful !!!! It is good to have a nickname. I sometimes look at the FLIP SIDE.