Monday, August 01, 2022

 

The first great part of my great day was the fact that I played tennis and I hit 2 or 3 good shots.

Before I tell you about the best part of my great day, allow me to set the scene...

Ø At home I feed the Birds, Chipmunks and Squirrels.

Ø Actually I do not intend to feed the Chipmunks and Squirrels.

Ø They climb up pole that holds the Birdfeeder and Feed Themselves!

When I see them eating the bird’s birdseed I often charge out the back door and shout at them as if I am doing something useful and teaching them a lesson but I am doing no such thing. I know they are laughing as they scramble away thinking I am not as smart as they are smart. Today I proved I was smarter than the average Georgia Backyard Chipmunk or Squirrel and, in a moment, you will agree that I am that smart.

I proved my smarts by oiling the Climbing Up Pole with Canola Cooking Oil. Yes my day was made perfect when I watched the Chipmunks and Squirrels try and climb up the Climbing Up Pole only to slide back down to the Bottom of the Climbing Up Pole!

I knew it! I knew I was smarter than a Chipmunk or Squirrel and deep down you knew it too!...Or did u?

Would I kid u?

Smartfella




 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using any oil is not a smart thing to do. Environmental concerns must be addressed. No where did I read about the impact study, another glaring omission is the mention of renewable energy such as solar or wind. I did a little research and found the "Smart Fella" is eligible for federal subsidies. Instead of canola oil using electricity supplied by solar could make you rich off subsidies. And, an added advantage is you can fry the chipmunks and squirrels, won't that be nice?

Anonymous said...

Using any oil is not a smart thing to do. Environmental concerns must be addressed. No where did I read about the impact study. Another glaring omission is the mention of renewable energy such as solar or wind. I did a little research and found the "Smart Fella" is eligible for federal subsidies. Instead of canola oil using electricity supplied by solar could make you rich off subsidies. And, an added advantage is you can fry the chipmunks and squirrels, won't that be nice?

SmartFella? said...

One of the best comments ever...Or is it?

Anonymous said...

I got fed up with the squirrels a year ago and switched to safflower seed. The squirrels hate it but we still get all the same birds outside our window. They also tend to eat the food while on the feeder rather than scatter the ones they don’t like on to the ground. The scattered seed still attracted the squirrels even though I had stopped them climbing the pole. I buy it from Home Depot, wish I had discovered it years before.