Friday, July 27, 2018

Was Jesus Conceited?

Saint Matthew at 26:11 quotes Jesus as saying...“The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me”.

 

Can you imagine how the Modern News Media would treat Jesus for daring to say such a thing as this?...

Ø Jesus caught on a hot microphone being heartless!

Ø Does Jesus really think he is that special?

Ø National Inquirer: Inquiring minds want to know. Is Jesus really as uncaring for the poor as he appears?

Ø How can he really be the Son of God when he apparently is so self-centered as to say, “You will not always have me”?

Ø A Gallup Poll reveals that 72% of Americans say they agree with the statement, “We prefer a God with at least a modicum of humility!”

 

Jesus showed how really smart he was because he did not wait till 2018 to come walk among us.

 

If he had waited he might have been overheard on a hot mike saying, “Beam me up, Father, there’s no intelligent life down here”.

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very interesting perspective................... Thanks

Anonymous said...

Definitely in the top ten of you blogs.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning: You have made me stop and think this early in the morning. My answer is no but will ponder some more as your poll results would be the answer the media and the pols would want me to have because I believe the polls are to shape thinking not measure it.
If the Jews who objected to the anointing of his feet had known of the offers from the devil would they have said what they said?
His marketing plan may well produce the same results today as it did then but since he knew what the result would be before he accepted the act I think he treated it as a teaching moment.
Though I am not 77 and thus lack your experience I find I can still learn and be surprised. About 10 days or so I went to the the grocery store. Being close to it at times there are men and women begging for handout as you are putting the purchases into the car. It had just started to rain as I finished and started to bring the buggy to where it should go and a young man came up and said he would do it. Clean but looked like he was on the road and I knew he would ask but he didn’t I reached in my pocket and he said no. He said he had been using for awhile but finished and was out of rehab and was on his way out of town and its temptations back to the country where it they were less. He did include that he still needed some bus money to do that. Nice marketing plan but as he walked away with the buggy he asked me to pray for him. I told him to stop he did and I gave him some $ not a lot and told him I would and asked him to do the same for me. I told him I was believer like him and Jesus would want me to help as I could but I did so knowing that it might not go for a bus ticket. He took it and asked me if I was serious about praying for him. I said yes and he took the buggy again to put it up and said thanks and that he would pray for me as well. What I learned is that I can still have some faith to do what I can but don’t have to be guaranteed results. I am sure with your extra years you have experience that as well. Have a good weekend enjoy being with family.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your parking lot encounter. Good for you. I usually give in similar situations but have not always felt good about it afterwards. Thanks for sharing your feelings.