Saturday, July 16, 2022

The Dutch Are On The Verge Of Approving Work At Home As A Legal Right


The Dutch House has passed a bill to make Work at Home a Legal Right in the Netherlands. The Dutch Senate has yet to concur in what the Dutch House has passed but it appears to only be a matter of time before the Senate follows suit.

There are many other articles being published that are speculating that, if the Dutch do make Work at Home a Legal Right, the rest of Europe, Canada and others will follow.

Yesterday I put on my Potted Plant Outfit and slithered around a major local corporation and overheard this phone conversation. (Yea, I do have the ability to hear the person on the other end of the line even when that person is not on speaker phone.)

Sad Work at Home Employee: “No one cares about me”.

Concerned Human Resources Manager: “I have been told you were feeling this way. That’s why I called you to see if there is anything I can do to alleviate your distress”.

Sad Work at Home Employee: “I have no day to day in person contact with my best friend any longer. I tweeted him and tweeted back saying he felt the same way. We miss each other’s camaraderie greatly!”

Concerned Human Resources Manager: “Please tell me more. I need to feel your pain.”

Sad Work at Home Employee: “You know I just don’t feel connected to my company any longer.”

Concerned Human Resources Manager: “I think I’m beginning to better understand where you are coming from. I have proposal that...” (Concerned Human Resources Manager was interrupted in mid sentence by Sad Work at Home Employee.)

Sad Work at Home Employee: “I simply feel no one at my company cares about my professional development.”

Concerned Human Resources Manager: “The picture is coming through crystal clear and I now see how serious your situation is and I believe we must take the bull by the horns and nip this one in the bud before it is too late. I always say, ‘A stitch In Time Is Worth Two In The Bush!’”

Sad Work at Home Employee: “I’m glad I have gotten your attention. Before you propose what my company will do to fix my issues please allow me to sum it all up by saying, the Bottom Line is I no longer have any Team Identification with our company.”

Concerned Human Resources Manager: “I now feel your pain! The now see the only way to fix all of your complex issues. I recommend you start coming to the office 2 days a week.”

Sad Work at Home Employee: "No!"

************

While I was overhearing what was reported to you above, I saw the Concerned Assistant Human Resources Manager brought to tears as he pleaded with another Work at Home Employee to come back into the office.

As I was slithering out the door I asked him about his frustration. Specifically I asked him what position this other Work at Home Employee held. I felt his pain when he replied, “Front Office Receptionist”.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

Lagniappe: If you care to read about what’s happening in Holland, click here...https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2022/7/14/23190318/netherlands-enshrines-work-from-home-as-a-right-elon-musk-tesla-office-covid-pandemic

 

 


2 comments:

Alessandro said...

This is a masterpiece! So true and it is happening every day. Workers who are new to companies feel disconnected but don't know why...because they never knew what it was like to be connected. Great observation!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your disguise still works. One of our neighbors is at home worker but does 2 days at office and seems to enjoy it. I don’t think it has reached the “Right” stage yet. It never will for the receptionist.