Check out that Domino behind the Domino you are about to push over before you push it over. Dominos are very heavy & almost impossible to pick back up.
Congress takes note that all those 18 Wheelers on our highways are causing lots of problems...
- They tear up our highway system requiring us to have to pay huge sums to maintain & repair them.
- Highways are more expensive to begin with because of the extra durability that must be constructed into them because of the heavy duty wear & tear they inflict on the roadbeds.
- They take up a lot of room causing tremendous traffic congestion.
- They kill lots of people every year in all the accidents they are involved in & they actually cause many of the accidents in the first place.
- They pollute & pollute & pollute some more.
Congress springs into action and bans all 18 Wheelers from our Interstate Highway System.
Immediately Dominos fall all over Congress...
- Overnight there is a shortage of darn near everything in the Good Ole USofA that those Big Trucks used to deliver.
- Congress reacts by telling the business community to construct manufacturing plants all over the Good Ole USofA.
- Senator Foghorn Leghorn looks the Transportation Industry right in their formerly rich faces & tells them, “Why should you have all this manufacturing capability spread all over? It does not make sense! Building your Widgets right across the street from the consumers makes all the sense in the world!”
- The Transportation Industry complies & builds thousands of new manufacturing plants but overnight there is a shortage of workers caused by all these new manufacturing facilities.
- Congress enacts a plan to go into Africa & capture people & bring them over to the Good Ole USofA to work in the many factories.
- Some people call these new workers Slaves. Others call them Relocated Staffing.
- Since many of the new factories are seasonal a problem arises where the factory workers must constantly be moved around the country to man the different seasonal assembly lines.
- Again Congress saves the day by authorizing thousands of 18 Wheelers to transport the workers.
- Since the trucks are everywhere going everywhere, Congress authorizes the trucks to carry toothpaste, tomatoes, widgets & such.
- The commodities authorized to be transported grows dramatically until there is no room for workers.
How to get the workers from place to place is still up in the air but we do not have to worry about that because Congress has set up a Blue Ribbon Panel to study the issue. Anonymous Sources inside the committee tell us that the committee is leaning heavily toward authorizing a lot more 18 Wheelers.
Remember the Yellow Cab Slogan. “A Thinking Fellow Rides A Yellow”? Watching Congress function is like it was operating a cab company called Circle Cabs & its slogan is, “A Thinking Fellow Rides Around In Circles”.
Would I kid u?