Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Voice Crying In The Wilderness ... Me

In 1967 Strother Martin told Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is failure to communicate"... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ

My newspaper just told me who are the current highest paid TV Actresses ($37 Million, $13 Million, $11 Million). I’m so pleased for them. I just know they are doing great things for Humankind with all their hard earned money.

Did you just ask yourself what this has to do with Me Crying In The Wilderness? It’s simple. I am crying, “Who are these people?” I have never heard their names uttered in my entire life!

Yes I know they have never heard my name uttered in their entire lives either. Going forward they are never going to hear my name uttered in their entire lives since it is against Federal Law for them to know who I am because they are important and I’m not.

Still I am confused as to why they are not known to me. I pay attention. What am I doing wrong?

Is it because I don’t do FaceBook? Is it because I don’t Tweet my innermost everything to everybody? Who would have ever thought that I, an internationally known Blogger who is being read on 6 of 7 continents, would be Electronically Challenged?

I guess I am just going to have to stay out here In The Wilderness because I insist I am not going to be swept into FaceBook & Twitter.

Simply stated I do not want the world to know what I had for lunch!

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

(267)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Fella does this blog and writes books-well a book. He sends his thoughts (?) out to the world when he has them. I send them on to others who are too lazy to email him and tell him to put them on the blog list. There are no rules about anything dealing with what he sends us. If you want to respond do so- if not don't. I read them and enjoy them as I identify with his humor about all the stupid things that are now accepted in the good old USA.