Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Are We Headed For Our First What’s His/Her Name President?

If you are to become President of the Good Ole USofA, should not someone have heard of you before you are sworn in?

 

I recently saw a news clip on my TV which showed pictures of 9 Presidential Candidates. There were 5 pictures on the top row and 4 on the bottom row. The Unseen Talking Head said the names of the 5 on top in a sentence that contained this kind of wording...

...of the announced presidential candidates, Warren, Sanders, Booker, Gillibrand, Harris and others...

Since I am a Accomplished Noticer I noticed the “and others” part of the sentence. I thought to myself, “What chance does one have of being elected if the Talking Heads of the Good Ole USofA don’t even mention your name during your presidential run?”

 

Do voters go into the voting booth thinking to themselves thoughts like...

Ø I would be really impressed with that candidate if I knew anything about him.

Ø I am ready to vote for that guy on the bottom row but I can’t remember his name. I am almost certain that it began with a “P”. I’ll just go down the list here and see if there is a name that begins with a “P”.

Ø Eeny, meeny, miny, moe…

************************

Not only do I Notice but I also wonder. I started wondering how many people were actually running for President. I searched the Internet and came up with an article in USA Today that listed a lot more than the 9 I talked about above. That means there are some that have even less of a chance of being elected than those 4 on the bottom row.

 

Below is an alphabetical listing of the people who have officially announced their Candidacy or have formed an Exploratory Committees (whatever that is)…

Ø Cory Booker

Ø Pete Buttigieg

Ø Julián Castro

Ø John Delaney

Ø Tulsi Gabbard

Ø Kirsten Gillibrand 

Ø Kamala Harris

Ø John Hickenlooper

Ø Jay Inslee

Ø Amy Klobuchar

Ø Beto O'Rourke

Ø Bernie Sanders

Ø Elizabeth Warren

Ø Marianne Williamson

Ø Andrew Yang

 

I never heard of some of these candidates and, some of the ones I have heard of, I have only heard of because I heard they announced their candidacy for president.

 

I could Google the ones I do not know but I’ll just wait for a bunch of them to drop out and save some Googling Time and Effort.

************************

Every one of these candidates claims that they can “Bring People Together”. They usually say this while they are swirling around in controversy.

 

John Hickenlooper stands out from the crowd because he is the first candidate in the history of the Good Ole USofA (probably the world) who has puffed out his chest and said, “You should vote for me because I took my mother to see Deep Throat”.

 

I found an article on the Internet about Hickenlooper that years ago would have immediately caused a candidate to Drop Out Of The Race. It appears John is so proud of his “accomplishments” that he put his “accomplishments” in his autobiography. The article’s headline is... “Hickenlooper offers something different in crowded Democratic field: A detailed history of his sexual conquests”.

 

The first 3 paragraphs of the article are...

If Democratic voters are struggling to see what sets John Hickenlooper apart from the 2020 pack they need to look no further than his autobiography, which outlines in excruciating detail his quest to lose his virginity and, seemingly, every sexual exploit since.

The candidate's book, The Opposite of Woe: My Life in Beer and Politics, outlines the journey from a child in the Philadelphia suburbs to the president of a brewing company, mayor of Denver, and then governor of Colorado.

Sprinkled throughout is the minutiae of his angst-ridden relationships with women, named and unnamed. A Washington Examiner analysis totaled Hickenlooper's declared sexual partners at seven, including his two wives. Even his experience of the 9/11 terrorism attacks is viewed through the prism of whom he was in bed with at the time.

Where were you when you heard the news of the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks? Yes, my Dear Readers, John knows where he was...

At one point, Hickenlooper's romantic desires eclipsed one of the gravest moments of American history. He devotes four paragraphs to his experience during the 9/11 attacks, when he was 49, which he introduces by saying that he "was visiting the intriguing Helen Thorpe in Austin Texas" that day.

"On September 11, 2001, Helen and I were just getting out of bed in Austin when we heard the news that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center."

Last but not least, I prove my contention above about Bringing People Together by offering you the last paragraph of this Internet Article...

"I believe that not only can I beat Donald Trump, but that I am the person that can bring people together on the other side and actually get stuff done". (Yea, I did the underlining.)

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

 

Lagniappe: I just watched a promo video about Hickenlooper. At the end of the video a Former Hickenlooper Strategist says, “…I think he can speak his mind and do so in an unscripted way but with core values that more align with the country”. Silly me. I always thought Core Values and Detailed History of Sexual Conquests were not that closely related.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only hope that the loony Dem candidates remain UNHEARD OF!

Anonymous said...

The person supporting Hickenlooper who is being interviewed in the Internet link said Hickenlooper has the core values that are more in line with the American People.
Remember this is the link about his sexual conquests.

Anonymous said...

FellaO for President!! I know lots of folks know you!!
And you don’t really have to share your “exploits” either.
PS: I’d lose the “O” – Sounds too much like a former president’s name.