Sunday, January 27, 2019

The No Call In The Saints/Rams Game Last Sunday Has Been Wrapped Up With A $26,739 Pink Ribbon…Or Has It?

"Rams CB Nickell Robey-Coleman has been fined $26,739 by the NFL for a hit that wasn't flagged during the NFC Championship Game."

 

I know all of you are wondering how the National Foolishness League came up with the $26,739 fine.

 

I know the answer and I am more than happy to enlighten each of you...

He was fined $1 for each time, up until the moment the fine was announced, Roger Goodell had been asked, "Are you going to say anything?"

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect......Maybe it should have been $1000 each time.

SmartFella? said...

Actually I started to peg it at $0.10 per question asked but I was afraid y'all might accuse me of exaggeration.

SmartFella? said...

One of my Dear Readers just informed me that, "When Michael Thomas imitated Joe Horne by hiding a cell phone by the goal post and making a phone call after a touchdown he was fined $30,000 vs this $26,739 for a head hit!"

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I believe when you make 40 million a year, Roger Goodell I think, you should recognize that leadership is expected from you. Leaders have to lead and a lot of that is by example (like Ike writing his own press release for the failure of D-Day) and it all would have been so easy right after the game just to say that the system for review of plays that we use didn't work and I take the responsibility to have a system that does. I will not use the discretion I have to grant do over as in this case it is impossible because of the time restraints that are present for the super bowl. We strive for perfection but we don’t always achieve it and in this case the obvious lack of it screams for regress. I am sorry for the fans and players who expected better and my decision will be reviewed and hopefully a better system can be achieved. You don’t send the financial officer out to say there was nothing we could do as there is a $100 million on the line for the super bowl no matter how true that is as no care about some faceless CPA falling on his/her sword since we all know the CPA didn't make the call.