Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Is He Or Is He Not An Idiot?

As the Good Ole USofA continues to be torn apart, I have been sitting here Deep in Thought about how the Good Ole USofA is being torn apart.

 

There I go right at the beginning of this Blog Posting trying to confuse you by talking about Deep Thinking which is a term with which many in the Good Ole USofA are not very familiar. That’s because Practice of Thinking Deeply disappeared quite awhile ago (right before or right after Common Sense vanished).

 

Here is what started me pecking out this Foolishness...

Ø Someone calls a Very Important Person an Idiot and immediately the supporters of the Very Important Person come to his defense by saying, “You can’t call such a Very Important Person an Idiot because he is a Very Important Person!”

Ø The supporters of the Very Important Person are those who owe their livelihood to him, those who beat him like a drum at poker and don’t want to lose the extra income they derive from beating him like a drum at poker, his wife, his children and his mother.

Ø The same holds true if the Potential Idiot is an Elected Political Leader.

Ø We are told we have to have Respect for the Position.

 

I am of a different mind-set. People who hold such positions Can Still Be Idiots. The positions they hold do not prevent idiocy. They might have been an idiot before they obtained their important position and, after their election, they continued where they did not leave off.

------------------------

Let’s shift a bit and talk about Dishonesty. What if someone said, “That guy is a crook!” Should he be defended by someone saying, “You can’t call someone in his position a crook!”

 

From where I stand (a Deep Thinker) the proper comeback ought to be, “Let’s find out if he really is a crook before we say you can’t call him a crook!”

 

Having pecked out the prior paragraph, I am the first to admit that the prior paragraph is not often put into practice because Deep Thinking and Common Sense may be dead but Vested Interest is alive and well.

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

 

Lagniappe: Boy I am glad this Foolishness is over! I am so pleased I made my major points so clear and easy to understand that Deep Thinking was not required...Or did I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, my dad always told me to have respect for the office. I’d never thought a out it before, but I always call “the president”, no matter who he is. Except Marcos...I still call him Ferdinand “the doofus” Marcos. And I’m being kind.