Friday, December 14, 2018

Congressional Summary

A Document Summary is a shortened recap of a Longer Document, is it not? ... Or is it not?

 

Congress likes to issue Summaries so that the readers of their prodigious mountains of information can get to Happy Hour on time.

 

I recently saw where Congress also issues what they call, “Expanded Summaries”. Knowing how Congress works, my concern is that the “Expanded Summary” will end up being longer than the Original Document before it was Congressionally Summarized.

 

Your first thought was probably, “Oh my heavens! A lot of members of Congress are going to be late for Happy Hour!”

 

Your second thought should be, “I fear not for them. I know they don’t read those bills.”

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning: Who said pass this bill and then we can see what is in it and for what bill?