Sunday, May 06, 2018

Anonymous Lawyering...Another Step On The Road To Confusion

I have written in the past about Mr. Anonymous. He is everywhere. He comments about all kinds of issues and reveals all kinds of secret stuff and no one knows who he is.

 

My newspaper tells me that the highest ranking female executive at a major American Corporation has quit her job after her arrest over alleged illegal drug imports into the country of Japan.

 

My newspaper goes on to tell me that she submitted her resignation through her lawyer and here is where I start getting confused... The Identity Of Her Lawyer Wasn’t Known.

 

I know lawyers can be a tricky lot but how exactly did Mr. Anonymous Lawyer go about handling his client’s resignation while keeping anyone from knowing it was he who was handling his client’s resignation? (I made an assumption that Mr. Anonymous Lawyer was a “he” but we don’t know that do we?)...

Ø  Did he call in and resign for her while holding a handkerchief over the phone’s mouthpiece?

Ø  Did he resign for her while by sending a Tweet from another Twit’s Tweeting Account?

Ø  Did he resign for her in a courtroom while wearing a bag over his head?

 

The bigger question is why was it important that he remain Anonymous? If our senators can stand up in the Well of the Senate (whatever that is) and make fools of themselves for all to see, why can’t a lawyer stand up and publically handle a resignation?


To carry this Foolishness a bit further, why is only the Lawyer afforded the ability to remain Anonymous? It seems to me that the Resigning Female Executive ought to be allowed the same courtesy and she should have been allowed to remain Anonymous also.

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

No comments: