Monday, January 22, 2018

Congress Always Waits To The Last Minute To Address Any Thorny Issue...Or Do They?

I am irate about a recent attack on the Congress of the Good Ole USofA. I certainly can be critical of Congress but most of all I am a believer in Truth. When I see unjustified and scurrilous attacks on anyone or anything I can’t help but attempt to use the meager resources of this Blog to publish the Truth.

 

I was starting to doze off in front of my TV the other day when I heard an Uninformed Talking Head say such outlandish things about our Congress that I was jolted into wide awake consciousness. It was at that moment I knew I had to do something to set the record straight.

 

You got a hint about what shocked me so in the Subject Line of this Posting. The Uninformed Head That Talked said, “Congress is notorious for waiting to the last minute to address almost anything but certainly any issue that is controversial.” When I heard this I saw myself as George H. W. Bush and said to myself, “This will not stand!”

 

Allow me to lay out my case...

Ø For the last 30 years there has been a certain member of congress who is universally acknowledged as the most Unpopular Member of Congress for a stand he has repeatedly taken on a very thorny issue.

Ø You all know of whom I speak.

Ø He is Congressman Basel Slug.

Ø He and the unpopular stand he repeatedly takes is the reason that an elaborate alarm system (called the BS Alarm) was installed 6 months into his first term in office.

Ø Basel has one important area of Congress’ Daily Operational Procedure that he is passionate about and which he has repeatedly offered proposals to eliminate.

Ø When word gets out that he is going to submit another Elimination Proposal, the BS Alarm is triggered...
>The alarm bell is sounded throughout the halls of Congress.
>Members spring into instant awareness of what is going on and head toward their desks prepared to vote down Basel’s latest proposal.
>Members who are napping have left strict orders that they are to be awakened immediately.

 

Many attempts have been made to get Basel to give up his crusade but, as of yet, no one has come close to changing his resolve. In an interview on CNN recently Basel drew his red line even redder. The steely look in his eyes convinced every other member of Congress that he will never give up his quest as he said, “I will never give up on my desire to eliminate Congressional Happy Hour. I am closer to my goal than I have ever been. Last month 1 Congressman and 2 Senators over napped and missed the vote. I have been in Congress so long that I do not remember which State sent me here but, one thing I do know for certain, the Folks Back Home (wherever that is) are behind me 100%!”

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking about Congress. Did you note that all the federal workers were on the chopping block (no salaries) with the exception of Congress??

Your man needs to float a bill that Congress also loses their pay – not only for the government shutdown but also when the deficit goes up and maybe when the two sides cannot reach an agreement on some major issue!! I am sure you can think about a few of them

Keep up the writing – you “inspire” me; watch out for the holy pic of yourself if any clergy see it!!