Saturday, September 09, 2017

Senator Foghorn Leghorn Is Really Angry And He’s Not The Only One


This angry exchange just took place on the floor of the Senate…

Ø Senator Leghorn: “What the hell is going on here! I’ve been lied to for the whole time I have been in this here Senate!”

Ø The Guy with the Hammer Who Just Had His Facebooking Interrupted by Senator Leghorn’s Outburst: “Senator, this is the foremost deliberative body in the world and we do not allow the use of words like “hell” while we are engaged in foremost deliberating!”

Ø Senator Leghorn: “I apologize, your honor, but this is outrageous! From the first day I had the high honor of walking into this hallowed chamber, I have been told that the Road Was Endless. I was assured that I did not need to worry about Kicking the Can Down the Road because the road was never ending. All I had to do was to keep kicking and one day pigeons would be pooping on my statue. Now, my Ivy League Educated Pompous Aide just told me that someday we are going to have to take action on at least a couple of kicked down stuff like…Debt Limit, DACA, North Korea, Tax Reform, Obamacare, Crumbling Infrastructure, ISIS, Hurricane Disaster Relief, NAFTA, that Iran Deal (whatever that’s about), Balance of Payments, Inflation, Military Preparedness, Venezuela, Low Interest Rates, High Interest Rates, etc.”

Ø The Guy with the Hammer Who Just Had His Facebooking Interrupted by Senator Leghorn’s Outburst: “Calm down, Senator, it’s Football Season. The folks back home are paying us no never mind. Once Football Season is over it will be Basketball Playoffs. Then we just have to make it through a few months where we have to act like we are doing something about something. Then it will be Football Season and the cycle repeats itself. Relax, pigeons will be pooping on your statue before you know it. So you see, my good friend, The Road is Endless.”



Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reality is that the esteemed Senator Foghorn Leghorn , his fellow Senators headed by the Senator Majority Leader and the Speaker of the House with some rhinos residing in both parts of the swamp have been pooing on our heads without the benefit of the cover of a statute.