Sunday, September 03, 2017

It’s Not That I Don’t Trust My Fellow Man, It’s Just That My Fellow Man Keeps Stealing From Me

If you are a Buckster (one who frequents Starbucks), you may not care to read this Blog Posting because you just don’t care about Starbucks or anything having to do with Starbucks but think before you delete because this Blog Posting is not really about Starbucks.

 

If you think that Your Fellow Man is honest as the day is long, you might be well advised to read this Blog Posting because that hand in your pocket may not be yours.

 

Starbucks has a Rewards Program (doesn’t everybody?) for their frequent customers. If you are a Buckster and you spend a fortune in their stores, Mr. Starbuck will see to it that you get a small something worth a small something to keep you coming back to spend another fortune.

 

This Foolishness…Or Is It? is actually about the lengths your fellow man will go to to become eligible for a small something worth a small something at the Starbucks Store of his choice.

 

Here is where the plot thickens…

Costco sells Starbucks French Roast Beans in 2.5 pound bags.

 

On these bags is a Peel-Off Sticker with a code that you can transmit to Starbucks and receive 20 Points toward a small something worth a small something.

 

Being sly, cunning and alert I have taken note (remember I am a Noticer) that my fellow man has started pulling off the Stickers of the displayed bags of Starbucks Beans that are waiting for me to come to buy them and get my Rewards Sticker.

 

Maybe this is a shortcoming of mine but I never would have thought of doing something like this.

 

I wonder if there were a display in Costco’s with a pad of pull-off coupons with a sign that read, “Take a coupon (please take only one coupon) and bring to that unsavory looking big guy just outside the store entrance. His name is Mongo. Present your coupon to Mongo and he will hall off and punch you right in your nose as hard as he can.”

 

I would be willing to bet that some of my Fellow Men would take more than one coupon just because they could not help taking more than one coupon.

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning: I try and trust my fellow man but when I pay close attention to what I hear or read I find I can’t and there are so many examples from the big o’s terms and the media then and now I try not to hear or read news. I have Aliska on while I work this am & Willie just sang Me & Paul and sang they both drank so much whiskey waiting to go on for a concert in Buffalo that he doesn't know if they ever went on at all. I accept that as gospel so maybe it depends on your frame of reference which is one reason I stopped doing coffee at Starbucks but maybe it the price for coffee picked on a fair wage plantation so your coffee seller can show how compassionate he can be with the customers increase in cup costs. Beautiful day here clear blue sky with breeze hope you all enjoy this day and the week. Willie is now singing It all went on pot and I believe that as gospel as well. Wonder if he has a news program.