Thursday, January 12, 2017

Time’s Magazine’s Brilliant People & Their Not So Brilliant Plan Of Action

I have not bought a Time Magazine in decades. I’m not sure how long it was since I bought one but I think the price was somewhere around $.50. Based on what I paid for the one I just bought, it will probably be the last one I ever buy.

 

I paid $6.99. When the clerk told me the price I said, “No, I don’t want a six-pack. I just want one”.

 

I became curious about what would make those Brilliant People at Time Magazine think they could charge $6.99 for their magazine. You know what happens when I get curious.

 

You guessed it. I put on my Potted Plant Outfit and drove to Time’s Headquarters in New York City and slithered my way into their board meeting. What I found out was these brilliant people who run Time Magazine are not too smart.

 

Here is their plan for the future...

Ø They are going to continue to raise the price of their magazine.

Ø They are planning to go after a smaller market of very rich people.

Ø I actually heard one of them say, “Once we get the price up to $1,000,000 an issue we will have it made”.

Ø They have figured out they will only need to sell 10 issues per publication at $1,000,000 and they will be in able to make an excellent profit that will generate very nice bonuses into the foreseeable future.

------------------------

Actually, as illogical as this thinking is, I see another major problem on the horizon for Time Magazine.

 

In my $6.99 issue I read a story about the recent Presidential Election that contained this quote from a Hillary Clinton supporter, “I thought, when Hillary becomes President, girls will be treated better. Boys wouldn’t boss them around anymore.”

 

I will not get into any commentary about whether or not there is any basis in fact about why this would be true or not. I would like to make you aware that this quote came from a 10 Year Old Girl.

 

Does Time Magazine really think it can get us to spend somewhere between $6.99 to $1,000,000 an issue by interviewing 10 Year Old Children?

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused about boys bossing girls around. Many things wrong with this. For one, I'm married and bossing a wife around, is this even possible? If the girl does think that a boy is bossing her around, why doesn't she just instantaneously change her gender, no more being bossed around. Or how does this suspected girl even know the gender of the person bossing her around, did she/he/it question the bosser as to gender or was it a visual check?

of