Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Facebook Without Facebook

I have a friend who is involved in a local theatre. She gave me this skit from one of her plays.

It’s about Facebook. I did not understand what Facebook was until I read this. It is all very clear now.

 

The Skit:

How many of you are familiar with Facebook? It’s an online social networking service. I think that means it’s supposed to help you make friends.

 

People can put information about themselves and what they are doing online. They can ask others to be their “friends” and they can also follow their “friends’” messages online.

 

For people like me who are not part of the Facebook generation, it’s difficult to understand why people need Facebook.

 

I actually apply the same principles of “social networking” without a computer...

Ø Every day I walk down the street and tell people I pass what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom I will do it.

Ø I give my street friends pictures of my family, my dog and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

Ø I also listen to their conversations, give them the “thumbs up” and tell them I like them.

 

It all works just like Facebook!

 

I already have 4 people following me: 2 Police Officers, a Private Investigator and a Psychiatrist.

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five people, you have five people following you. So watch it.