Thursday, May 05, 2016

I Keep Thinking I’ve Seen It All & Then There’s More

The Oakland Police are falling all over themselves apologizing for trying to keep people in Oakland from driving drunk & possibly killing themselves or others.

Their unforgivable offense was they issued their warning about a holiday that is linked to a certain group of people. It does not matter which group of people. What matters is, in this age of Political Correctness, we are not allowed to name or imply anything negative about anyone or any group of ones.

 

In this case they displayed their insensitivity about Latinos & Mexican-Americans & the minor holiday in Mexico, but major holiday in the Good Ole USofA, Cinco de Mayo.

 

One of the offended issued this heartfelt statement, “I don’t drink and drive. If you ask the majority of people who are Latino or Mexican-American, we don’t drink and drive,” Oakland City Councilman Noel Gallo told KPIX 5.

 

I have been known to be picky on many an occasion. Allow me to be picky on this occasion... The Councilman says that “the majority” of Latinos & Mexican-Americans do not drink & drive. Does that mean the Councilman has no concern for the minority of Latinos & Mexican-Americans who do drink & drive? Is it permissible to warn the drinkers & drivers that they should not drink & drive?

 

I am willing to bet that the now-sensitive Oakland Police are in the process of word processing their Community Messages about... St. Patrick’s Day, the 4th of July, New Years Eve, LeBron James’ Birthday & many others.

 

If you have not had enough of Silly for today, you can click on this link & read all about it: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/05/03/oakland-police-apologize-after-insensitive-cinco-de-mayo-drunk-driving-message/

 

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

 

Lagniappe: If the Fella would meet up with the Councilman at Starbucks & say to him, “What are you getting so excited about”, he would probably put me in my place by responding, “I am offended that you are not offended”. That would shut me up for sure. Who can argue with that logic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that where I live we lead the nation in traffic deaths caused by DWI / DWU drivers........ and the facts speak for themselves: The vast majority of these senseless accidents, where in some cases entire families have been wiped out, are caused by illegal aliens.