Saturday, December 05, 2015

Hate Thy Neighbor

I like watching football but I think our announcers getting carried away with their Game Day Hysteria. This year’s Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game is a good example of why I think we are not in danger of falling in love with our neighboring football player anytime in the near future.

The catch phrase of the day on this game broadcast was “Clean Old Fashioned Hate”. They said this phrase over & over. I would be willing to bet they said it more than they said, "15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance."

Do the players want to score more points than the opposition? I certainly hope so! But do they really hate their opponents? I hope not.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. It reminds me of a fellow who I met while a graduate student at Maryland, 1964-69. He was also a physics graduate student and an unusual person in that he had been a starting lineman on the LSU football team under Paul Dietzel. He quit a team that was a national powerhouse because he did not want to hate his opponents. This was a powerful lesson that I will always remember.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Fella.