Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Happy Birthday To Who?

Here I go again reminding you that I am a Noticer. I notice things that other non-noticing people do not notice. I know each of my dear readers is happy that I notice what I notice...Or are they?

My iPhone gives me access to over 1,500 Emoticons. I actually tried to count them but had to finally decide that a 1,500+ guess was the best I could do.

In looking through my 1,500+ Emoticons I saw that there was one of everything for anything...Or was there?

What I could not find was anything having to do with Christmas. (It must have something to do with Separation of Church & Smiley Faces.) There used to be a little Christmas Tree, but not anymore. I know some of you consider this progress but Old Fashioned Fella does not.

I was out & about in my car a couple of nights ago when I started thinking about creating this Blog Posting & I began looking at Holiday Decorations (formerly known as Christmas Decorations) as I drove along. Based on what I saw, I got to wondering about whose birthday we were celebrating. Was it...

Ø Frosty the Snowman?

Ø Charlie Brown?

Ø Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?

Ø A Bunch of Nutcrackers?

Ø The Candy Cane?

Ø The Grinch?

To me it looked like Rudolph was the clear winner. Frosty was a strong but distant second. It is only a matter of time before we are going to be frantically scurrying around buying presents & greeting everyone we see with, “Merry Rudolphmas”.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the radio yesterday this came up as the host said the shopping centers and stores he visited were not decorated for Christmas but for Happy Holidays and said that since so much was spent for Christmas presents these places should acknowledge Christmas and quit being worried about being politically correct. One caller said that he and his family watched Charlie Brown on CBS on Sunday and it was the 50th Anniversary of the show. When Charlie said it was the birthday of Jesus the word Jesus was bleeped but Linus did read the part of the gospel about the angels appearing to the shepherds.

SmartFella? said...

Bleeping out Jesus from a script that was first recorded 50 years ago! This is conclusive proof that we (persons of my ilk...I just love saying the word "ilk") are losing this battle.