Thursday, September 24, 2015

I’m Confused Again

 

It’s words again. Some words I have been using all my life without giving them a second thought. It has always given me comfort to know I know what they mean. Then the people who are in control of my newspaper go about changing them. It’s awfully confusing!

This time it is the word “misbehavior”. The dictionary defines it as...

“To behave (oneself) in an inappropriate way”

Misbehave does not sound so bad. Its very definition above says it is only inappropriate. I have yet to see someone sentenced to death or life in prison for Gross Misbehavior or Extreme Inappropriateness.

Well we learn something new every day...

U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Berghdal is on trial for...

Desertion & Misbehavior before the Enemy

When I read these charges I said to myself... Self, why are they bothering even mentioning the fact that he Misbehaved? Desertion is serious stuff (an act of leaving military service or duty without the intention of returning). Misbehaving sounds like he deliberately kicked over a trash can as he was tiptoeing out of camp.

In steps my newspaper bringing Confusion with it...

It was his first court appearance since he was charged in March with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy. If convicted of misbehavior, the most serious charge, Bergdahl, 29, could be sentenced to life in prison.

If you are a regular reader of my Foolishness, you know that I sometimes am very good with words. In response to “misbehavior, the most serious charge” above I am left with... Huh?

What’s next? Are going to read about Protestors being paid money to Protest & the world actually changing as a result of their “Protest”?

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

No comments: