Monday, July 27, 2015

Am I Smarter Than Policemen Too?

My newspaper tells me that a person has been arrested in Los Angeles for robbing 5 banks between March & July of this year.

The police are perplexed about why he robbed the banks. The newspaper article says, “No motive for the crime is spelled out in the complaint”.

I could use some extra money. I should print up some business cards & set up a blog offering myself as a Professional Confusion Remover to police departments all across the Fruited Plain.

I could start with this case which is baffling the Los Angeles Police Department. It would not take long. I would walk into the midst of the confusion & say, The reason he took the money is he wanted the money. Pay me my stipulated exorbitant Confusion Removal Fee & I’ll be on my way. There a lot of confusion out there & I have work to do in other locales”.

I would be like a Super Hero. Maybe I’ll start wearing a cape. I’ll skip wearing a mask because I enjoy having the world know who I am...Or do they?

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it John Dillinger who replied to the question from a reporter as to why he robbed banks and he said that's where the money is!
Too bad the cops never studied criminal history 101.

SmartFella? said...

Dear Mr. Anonymous,
Actually it was Willie "The Actor" Sutton but it wasn't him either.
He says everyone says he said it but he never said it.
The reporter said he said it.
Read all about him in this Wikipedia link...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Sutton
Specifically go to the part entitled "Urban Legend".
Interesting fellow.
I may buy & read 1 of the 2 books he wrote.
Smartfella