Saturday, August 23, 2014

I’m Always Teaching You. Now It’s Your Turn To Teach Me

I am confused and you know I do not like to be this way. It pleases me to know that each of my Dear Readers would do anything for me. Now is your chance to help me out.

I was in my local grocery store looking at the plethora of selections in what I call the Chrystal Light Section. There I discovered something that made me say to myself, “Self, what the heck does that mean?”

All products offered in this section now have the following phrase printed on them...

Natural Flavor With Other Natural Flavor

I am fairly confident that out Federal Government is behind this confusion. Someone in Washington DC thinks this is important but the question is, why does he think this is important?

OK, it’s your turn to teach me. If you can help me out please reply to this Blog Posting with a Comment.

Commenting is easy and you can do it Anonymously, if you don’t want the Foolishness...Or Is It? tiny corner of the world to know how smart you are.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

(194)

4 comments:

Potatohead said...

We'll I never. In what world could we learn you a thing or two. Why it would be unNatural. However, mathematically if you add to naturals you either negate both or become unnatural by definition.

Ludwig said...

Oh, I think I can help you with that! First you have to understand that "natural flavor" is only found in things that grow. To get it, you have to extract it from natural produce, of course. Once the natural flavor is extracted, like from strawberries, you box them up and sell them as plain "strawberries". Same with tomatoes. That's why those things bought at the grocery store are so totally flavorless.
Now when you have the "natural flavor" you can add it to products that don't have any flavor by themselves, like water, even corn syrup, and, BINGO, you have a "flavorful" product you can sell! Yep, you've gotten twice the price for that flavor! Clever, yes?

SmartFella? said...

Maybe I'm not so smart after all. I don't understand what Rick said & I don't know what Ludwig said.
Anyone else wanna add a comment & try to help me out?

Anonymous said...

Relax, we're all here, cause we ain't all there. Got it?