Saturday, July 12, 2014

I Did Not Write This Book But I May Have Been The Inspiration Behind It...Or was I?

I wrote a couple of Foolishness...Or Is Its? about Apologizing. They both were brilliant!...Or were they?

If you wanna read them, click below...

http://forii.blogspot.com/2011/06/two-postings-that-prove-i-am-ahead-of.html

In my newspaper I found out that Edwin L. Battistella has written a book called, “Sorry About That”. He is a much slicker writer than I am and I would venture to say he did not make any of his stuff up, as I may have... Or did I?

I still think I was his inspiration. What other answer could there be? You will notice many of his Standard Apologetic Phrases are similar to the ones I pecked into my May 2010 blog posting.

Here are some Standard Falling All Over One’s Self Apologetic Catch Phrases from his book

  • If any of my comments or actions have indeed been unwelcome.
  • If I have conducted myself in any way that has caused any individual discomfort or embarrassment, for that I am sincerely sorry.
  • A careless, off-handed remark.
  • Insensitive words.
  • A mistake.
  • A poor decision I deeply regret.
  • That which has caused the stir that it has.
  • I take full responsibility.
  • Sorry about that.
  • Careless words.
  • Didn’t mean them (careless words).
  • Hope the whole thing is forgotten.
  • I do regret that I allowed myself to get into a situation where I was photographed on an anti-aircraft gun.
  • I regret the angry remark I made when the POWs returned home that enabled apologists for the war to orchestrate the myth of Hanoi Jane.

Oops! Did I give away the identity of the author of the last two? If I did, I am sorry and I ask her wholehearted, sincere & orchestrated forgiveness.

Mr. Battistella, you done good! (Yea, I know I should have written “you done well”).

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

Lagniappe:

Again may I make a plea that you go back and read my 2 prior blog postings about Apologies? They are well written. They are catchy. They are right to the point... Or are they?

If you don’t go back and read them, and if I ever ask you if you went back and read them, remember the immortal words of Flip Wilson dressed up as Geraldine Jones, “Honey, a lie is as good as the truth as long as you get the Fella to believe you.”

That’s right. Lie to me. Tell me they are well written, catchy & right to the point. We mediocre writers hate the truth.

Again I list the link...

http://forii.blogspot.com/2011/06/two-postings-that-prove-i-am-ahead-of.html

(442)

No comments: