Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Am I The Only One That Sees The Silliness?

Congress is getting accolades for coming up with a bill to “fix” our Veterans Administration. Here is a picture from my TV that shows their “fix”. Can you see the outrageous silliness?...

clip_image002

That’s a lot of money. Any member of congress who has been up there for one month can testify to the truth of this statement...

If we have a choice between fixing the problem and spending a lot of money, always choose the latter.

If we spent a lot of money and we did not fix the problem, the problem was we did not spend enough money.

After absorbing the above truth, look again at the picture. There is a line that jumped out at me. Do you see it? If you did not, don’t tell me. It would burst my bubble (whatever that means)…

It’s the $2 Billion for “Miscellaneous”.

That’s a lot of Mop & Glow!

Exactly how much Mop & Glow is that? That’s Two Thousand Million Dollars of Mop & Glow and Trinkets & Trash.

The Smartfella’s tried and true Congressional Rule of Thumb is, anything over $500 for Mop & Glow is too much.

What do you wanna bet that they zip right by their Two Thousand Million Dollars target (that’s right I said “target”) as if it was not even there?

The Late Gomer Pyle just came into my computer room, looked over my shoulder and said, “Surprise Surprise Surprise, I don’t see anything in there about cutting anything”.

If I were asked by any, yet to be fully indoctrinated member of Congress, “But, Smartfella, where do we look to make the cuts you are seeking?”, I would point him to info below for starters...

For the year 2013, government transparency database OpentheBooks.com reported that top doctors within the Arizona branch of the Department of Veterans Affairs were, on average, paid far more than other federal employees in the state.

Topping the list was Dr. George Swartz, who reportedly earned $357,528 last year. He was joined by 12 others whose salaries topped $300,000.

The highest-paid federal employee in Arizona not affiliated with the VA in 2013 was David M. Harmatz of the Department of Health and Human Services, who earned nearly $93,000 less than Swartz. In total, the top 44 salaries on the list went to individuals working within the VA.

Would I kid u?

Smartfella

(446)

Lagniappe: I jumped out of my chair when I saw this $2 Billion for Miscellaneous on TV last night. Within minutes Charles Krauthammer made comment on this silliness of this Silliness. What a guy! He is almost as sharp as The Fella!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a congressman yesterday who said the VA is not an agency that has ever had its budget reduced. He does not believe, other than the 10 million for outside care if vet lives over 40 miles from a hospital or can't get to see doctor in under 30 days, that the rest is needed. He said some of other will build additional clinics so some staffing may go there but not now and that is at least a year away. He said the problem is not money but the VA. So he, you and CK are on the same page. Not bad company.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if those doctors pay for their own malpractice insurance.
I hear that some of that money will go toward bonuses for the VA....Let's see if they can get up to minimum standards before bonus money.

Anonymous said...

Well stated. I agree totally and will forward to others!